December 29, 2010

Hibernating Or Simply Somnambulant?

Is it possible that people hibernate?  Or am I just lazy?  It's exceedingly difficult to tell whenever winter really damps down our activity as it has this week.  Snow has been falling for the last two days and even though we're snug and warm inside (with a good fire going, I assure you) I still find it hard to get up and do anything around the house.

It could simply be the lull between Christmas and New Years, leading us to rest and recuperate before everything starts up again (we have at least two parties to go to this weekend) or it could be the lack of sunlight.  Either way, I want to get up off my butt and do something, but the moment I stand up I can feel my will ebbing slowly away. 

Tomorrow is water/food day for the chickens.  The thought of roving bands of renegade chickens should motivate me to get off my but for at least that much work.  Nobody wants to face a hungry chicken in 18 degree weather, least of all me.

No comments:

Post a Comment